Ten Places to Visit Before You Die – Top 10 Lists to Add to Your Bucket List
When it’s time to kick off your shoes and enjoy retirement, traveling might be one way you choose to live out the rest of your days. Traveling the globe and enjoying different travel adventures on your bucket list might be what you’ve waited your whole life to do. Hopefully you’ll have the opportunity to enjoy as many places as possible that the world has to offer. If you haven’t been able to travel much, there are definitely some surreal places.
10 Bucket List Travel Destinations:
- The Great Barrier Reef, Australia – This incredible sight should be on the ultimate travel bucket list. With stunning waters, over 1500 species of fish and other aquatic life like dolphins, whales, sharks and coral, the Great Barrier Reef is a must see for this lifetime.
- The Colosseum, Italy – With 50,000 seats, the history and awe inspiring architecture, of this massive monument will leave you breathless. You can almost hear the crowds cheering on the gladiators from old.
- The Great Wall of China – 8850 km, the Great Wall of China travels across most of the country. An intricate zig zag of impressive fortifications, the Great Wall is one of the places recommended to see within your lifetime.
- Paris, France – The iconic Eiffel Tower along with its charming culture, great cuisine, and romantic atmosphere should help ensure its spot as a popular travel bucket list idea.
- Stonehenge, England – If you want to stand in the center of ancient mystery, Stonehenge is the place for you. No one is quite certain how this peculiar monument came to be. One thing is for certain, you’ll be awe struck standing in its midst.
- Antarctica – Not many people are able to say they traveled to this chilly spot on the globe. This breathtaking but icy destination is hard to get to but will be well worth the travel time. After a long flight and a ship ride to your final location, taking in the all that ice, rivers, and even the animal life makes this a breathtaking place to visit.
- Las Vegas, Nevada – If you haven’t been to Vegas you should get there at least once in your lifetime. It should have a solid position on the ultimate travel bucket list, both for its crazy nightlife and culture, along with the sheer impressive sight of the Las Vegas Strip. Lights, shows, any kind of dining you can imagine, there’s something for everyone.
- Machu Picchu, Peru – A hop, skip and a jump, or a short flight, train ride, and easy hike will get you to this 15th century Incan City of Machu Picchu. Just reserve your day entry in advance.
- Avenue of the Baobabs, Madagascar – To see the fat, odd looking trees across the horizon as you drive along dusty dirt roads might be a less traditional scene than one you might expect when mentioning a top must see travel destination. Getting to this obscure location is half the fun!
- Lord of the Rings Tour, New Zealand – If you want to combine nerdy fantasy lore with amazing landscapes, New Zealand is the place for you. The films were shot in this gorgeous landscape, so it’d be perfect as a travel bucket list idea. From Hobbit Holes to Mount Ngauruhoe (used as Mount Doom), you’ll have an action packed and fun filled trip.
These are only a few of the top places to visit in the world to add to your bucket list. Each destination on this list is sure to fill a special spot in your heart, with a little something for everyone, you won’t be disappointed. If you’re planning your ultimate travel bucket list, you’ll want to ensure you have all of your vital records in order before you go. Happy travels!