The Top 5 Youth Sports Charities You can Support
As winter rolls into spring, hopefully you’re on the right track to upholding your new year’s resolutions. If one of your resolutions was to be more involved in the community or give more to charities, you already know the possibilities for your donations are endless. If you haven’t yet decided exactly where you’d like to donate your time or money, youth sports charities are a great way to help out communities while assisting youth sport programs locally and nationally. If you’ve got children of your own, you’re probably already aware that most youth programs could benefit from some additional funding.
Sports charities that support youth programs can be found across the country. Spring and fall see the highest demand for enrollment so now is the perfect time to get involved. Your donations will go to underfunded, underdeveloped youth sports programs and assist kids and coaches in need. Youth sports charities help out a wide variety of programs, helping develop leadership, teamwork, and social skills while giving kids a fun environment to keep them out of trouble.
The Top 5 Youth Sports Charities –
- The Fresh Air Fund – This charity assists children only in New York City. It provides children from families with financial hardships the opportunity to be involved in summer camps and sports activities. Volunteer hours, host families and donations are needed to provide kids with a great outdoor experience.
- Global Sports Foundation – This charity focuses only on baseball, but their reach is global. The Global Sports Foundation provides gently used and new baseball gear to kids and adults in the U.S. and across the globe. They also organize fundraisers and special events to assist families with medical bills and living expenses due to severe medical ailments or diagnoses.
- Project Fit America – If you’re donating to youth sports and you’d like your donation to impact U.S. schools, Project Fit America is the charity for you. By providing schools with new equipment, training and materials to develop a successful fitness program, this charity believes in healthy kids from the very beginning.
- Right to Play – If you’re looking for youth sports charities that have a more global impact, Right to Play might be the perfect option for you. This charity donates time, equipment and money to develop play programs, youth sports programs and health education in several countries around the world.
- Kids in the Game – Kids in the Game is a charity that provides financial assistance to get low income families access to youth sports programs. They accept monetary donations as well as volunteer hours, and they provide assistance nationwide.
Whether you’re gearing up to get your own kids enrolled in a sports program, or you’d just like give to a charity, donating to youth sports charities is a great way to help out communities throughout America and the rest of the world. By providing assistance through your donations, you give underprivileged kids the opportunity to be involved in great programs that develop important life skills. We only provided a short list of youth sports charities, but if you’d like to check out a few more options, Sports Charities USA has a more extensive list.